Rail transportation changed the face of Queensland inland travel and settlement
The North Coast Line opened between Nundah and Landsborough in 1888-1890, with the Caboolture Station opening 1889. Whilst a branch line opened to Woodford in 1909 and to Kilcoy in 1913. The Kilcoy branch was closed west of Wamuran in 1964 and track and buildings were removed at that time.
By 1980 a group of rail enthusiasts had taken over some land on the outskirts of Woodford and had laid track so they could offer train rides to fund further growth of their railway. The trains in use came from the sugar cane industry and are of 2ft/610mm gauge.
The Woodford Railway Museum also provides outdoor tables and BBQ facilities. Treat the family to an old fashioned picnic or a sausage sizzle after your exciting train ride.
Woodford is on the D'Aguilar Highway 24km west of Caboolture. At Woodford turn north at the Water Tower. The Woodford railway station is at 22 Margaret Street, Woodford, Queensland.