Using fresh and local produce from the Moreton Bay Region, Chef Peter from the Golden Ox had put together a mouth-watering combination of ingredients to deliver a unique degustation dining experience.
Each of these dishes is full of characteristic flavour and elegantly complemented by various accompaniments such as corn and dill mousseline, salmon pearls, caper remoulade and morello cherry glaze to name a few.
These dishes will be accompanied by 5 different hand-selected wines chosen specially by Virginia, Nick and Peter to marry in the flavours of the wine alongside each dish. From Pinot noir to Pinot Gris, Chardonnay and Riesling, each wine provides a different array of flavours for you to try.
1. Grilled Hervey Bay Scallops, corn and dill mousseline, speck, golden beetroot relish, sprout and green leaf salad paired with a Stonier Sparkling Chardonnay Pinot Noir
2. Moreton Bay Prawns, heirloom Caprese salad, avocado mousse and salmon pearls paired with an Eddystone Point Pinot Gris
3. Black garlic and butter-poached Moreton Bay Bugs, chestnut and shallot fried rice paired with Stonier Jimjoca Vineyard Chardonnay
4. Whiting fillet, lemon, sea salt, crispy chips, caper remoulade paired with an Eden Valley Reisling
5. Cherry wood smoked duck breast, Davidson Plum and morello cherry glaze, 5 spice toasted hazelnuts, charred asparagus and mustard greens paired with a Terra Sancta Estate Pinot Noir.
$90 per person. Call (07) 3283 1833 to secure your seat.
Enter now for your chance to win ONE of TWO unique culinary experiences in the Moreton Bay Region during the Tastes of Moreton Bay month-long foodie celebration!
PRIZE 2 - Hinterland Experience
A luxury hinterland accommodation stay for 2 at Mercure Clear Mountain Lodge with Buffet Breakfast and 2x tickets to Samford Harvest Presented by Alastair McLeod on the 21st September 2019