How do you decide the best things to do in a region offering so much? Well, you go out there and explore it of course! There is so much to do and see in the Moreton Bay Region, here is a list of our top 50!
1. Picnic in one of SEQ's most scenic picnic spots - Jollys Lookout, renowned for it's incredible view over Enoggera Forest Reserve
2. Visit one of Moreton Bay Region's wonderful family playgrounds definitely worth travelling for
4. Follow Tourist Route No. 29 from Woodford, through D’Aguilar, Mt Mee, Oceanview to Dayboro
5. Hire an electric trike from Sift Cafe and cruise the Redcliffe waterfront along the shared pathway
8. Take a cruise on Moreton Bay with Dolphin Wild Island Cruises, spot turtles, dolphins and if you're lucky a dugong!
11. Take a houseboat or Hire a BBQ Boat from Sandstone Point Marina
12. Check out the warplane museum at Caboolture
13. Enjoy fish and chips at one of the many beaches in the region
15. Visit the Bee Gees Way, Redcliffe Parade
16. Book a Gin Workshop at Comiskey Distillery
17. Take in a live show at the Redcliffe Entertainment Centre
18. Dine with a view at one of these bayside or hinterland restaurants and gaze out over the sea or hinterland while tasting the magic of Moreton Bay
19. Sink a pint of locally brewed beer at one of the regions most loved bars
20. Find a bargain at one of the many thrift shops or visit an antique shop
21. Check out the weekend markets around the region
22. Play a round of golf at Bribie, Caboolture, Strathpine, Redcliffe or Woodford
23. Toss some sausages on the BBQ at one of the free beach or park picnic areas
24. Enjoy cocktails, ocean views and top notch food at Sunny's Margate Beach rooftop bar
25. See the whales at play in Moreton Bay from June to October. Departures are from Redcliffe Jetty
27. Wander through the Bribie Island Community Arts Centre, Banksia Beach
28. Take a Miniature Train Ride at Bribie Island on the 3rd Sunday of the month, from 10am - 2:30 pm or Woodford Steam Train 1st & 3rd Sunday of the month, from 10am - 3:30pm
29. Visit a Leopard Tank – 96 Toorbul St, Bribie or Memorial Park, Woodford. The tank is an impressive display of scale and power symbolizing their important contribution to Australia’s military history.
31. Play lawn bowls at Bribie, Narangba, Redcliffe, Deception Bay, Donnybrook, Kallangur, Woordford, Samford, Dayboro or Caboolture
33. Enjoy a paddle in rock pools and picnic under shaded trees at Upper Caboolture and Woodford.
34. Walk across the Ted Smout Bridge at Clontarf - all 3kms
35. Find Moreton Bay Region's hidden rock pools and waterholes
37. Sip a local drop at a winery in the hinterland
38. Enjoy a guided 4WD tour of Bribie Island 4wd driving on the beach at Bribie with G'Day Adventure Tours
39. See the Australian Narrow Gauge Railway Museum at Woodford
40. Marvel at the views from Mt Mee Lookout
41. Experience the Redcliffe Convict Trail
42. Follow Kumbartcho Sanctuary and Nursery's Fairytale Trail and prepare to be swept away in the romance of it all as you explore the best fairy garden across the land
43. Take a walk around Lake Eden, North Lakes
44. Hire kayaks, SUPs, waterbikes, e-bikes or go-karts on Bribie
45. Fly a kite at Pelican Park. Redcliffe kiteflyers are a regular sight every second Sunday of the month
48. Take the children to the Jumping Pillow at Scarborough Beach Park
49. Discover our A2 Submarine replica in Ruth Whitfield Park, Kallangur
50. Visit one of the 7 visitor information centres located at Bribie Island, BP Travel Centre Burpengary, Caboolture Historical Village, Pine Rivers Park, the Redcliffe Jetty, Pelican Park, Clontarf and Woodford
Whether you're a music lover, nature enthusiast, or adventure seeker, there's something for everyone to enjoy this spring school holiday long weekend in Moreton Bay, near Brisbane.
Looking for school holiday activities near Brisbane these spring school holidays? Look no further than Moreton Bay. Just a 40-minute drive north of Brisbane, the region has everything you can think of from whale watching and water obstacle courses to mini golf and 4x4 adventures.
Time to take a trip, time to book that holiday in the deliciously Moreton Bay!
Where to find the best sand belt and hinterland courses in Queensland. Grab the boys and head to Moreton Bay Region for four-days of “putt-tastic” fun.